2022 Women in Language Speakers
This year, we're bringing you another line-up of fresh voices and expert speakers with diverse backgrounds: polyglots, industry veterans, world travelers, teaching experts, academic professors, and innovators.
The full list of speakers is:
- Lauren Gawne, sharing her research on emoji as gestures in online communication ⭐️
- Jessica Kumar, presenting a perspective on privilege in linguistics
- Errol de Jesús, discussing multilingual parenting and special needs children
- Irene Cangi, helping you get un-stuck in the higher language levels of Italian
- Mel Turner, talking about Swiss German and why dialects matter
- Heidi Lovejoy bringing her experiences of mastering perfectionism
- Archana Parmar with a lesson on becoming assertive (so many people need this!)
- Agnieszka Murdoch taking a deep dive into language attrition - can you forget your native language?
- Rebeca Imberg (en español!) talking about receptive bilinguals
- Anita Sachariah presenting a real life view of Heritage languages
- Lauren Williams introducing AAC - what is it, why do you need it? She has the answers!
- Dream Team Mariana Favila-Alcala and Belen Nuñez sharing how they created and contributed to feminist community in Latin America through podcasting
- Sara Holmes on how you - yes YOU! - can teach your baby American sign language
- Abigail Fulbrook on parsnips - not the vegetable, but taboos in the language classroom
- Karla Zuluaga sharing the role you can play in language revitalisation
- Martina Gerdts sharing how she implements trans-inclusive language in her language learning
- Marjolein Benschop with the best tips on learning when you're multipassionate
- Dream Team Games! Vickie Kelty and Laia Moret on why games aren't just for kids anymore
- Emma Archard presenting on risk-taking and how to inspire future language learners
- And Paulette Jendre sharing a story of trauma-informed language learning and teaching